cottage cheese ice cream
This popular cottage cheese ice cream is easy to make—you only need 4 basic ingredients! It’s rich, creamy, and has more than 20 grams of protein.
Why This Recipe Is special
- Each serving of this high-protein dessert or snack contains over 20 grams of protein!
- With only 4 straightforward components, it comes together quickly!
- No ice cream maker is necessary.
- may be easily modified to create your preferred ice cream flavor.
- 2 cups (16 oz) full fat cottage cheese, I used Good Culture
- 1/4 Cup of honey:
Honey is the sweetener we’re using, and I think it goes well with cottage cheese. You are welcome to use maple syrup or your preferred liquid sweetener for the honey.
- 02 Tablespoons of Peanut butter:
This gives this recipe a nutty flavor and a little extra protein! Although I prefer the flavor combination of peanut butter, honey, and cottage cheese, feel free to substitute almond butter or any other nut or seed butter if you have a peanut allergy or don’t like peanut butter.
- 02 Tablespoons of Chocolate chips:
Chocolate Chips are a delectable ingredient that give the ice cream some crunch and chocolatey flavor. Because Lily’s dark chocolate chips are stevia-sweetened and minimal in sugar, I prefer to use these.
- Step 01
Creating a Blend: In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, honey, and peanut butter. Pulse/process until creamy and smooth. Add chocolate chunks and stir.
- Step 02
Freeze: Place the blended cottage cheese ice cream back into the original container of cottage cheese or into a loaf pan and freeze for about four hours, or until solid.
- Step 03
To serve, take the food out of the freezer and thaw it for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, or until you can scoop it up with ease. Scoop ice cream into bowls with an ice cream scoop, then indulge.
How to Serve
- On a plate or a cone: As you would with any other ice cream, scoop the ice cream into a bowl or an ice cream cone and indulge.
- Consider adding fresh fruit, chopped nuts, granola, or a drizzle of honey or chocolate sauce to your dish as a topping. See more suggestions after that!
- Parfait-style: For a delectable and aesthetically pleasing dessert, layer the ice cream with fresh fruit, yogurt, or whipped cream.
- Sandwich: For a tasty and fulfilling dessert, sandwich a scoop of ice cream between two cookies or waffles.